Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Book Review - The White Shadow by Vrajesh Dave




This review made me sad to write. I don’t like giving reviews that I must rate very low, but I am committed to honesty in my reviews. Therefore, I will continue.

This book was difficult for me to read. Though I read for pleasure, I also cannot shut my internal editor off. This book nearly gave my internal editor a meltdown
.
The book is poorly edited, if it was even edited at all. There are many sentence fragments in this book. There are numerous redundancies as well. I am guessing that English is not this author’s first language, as evidenced by the rampant use of incorrect words for the sentences, and improper sentence structure. I think this could have been made better if a native-English speaking editor were employed. 

There are some sentences in the book that help paint vibrant mental pictures. Unfortunately, it gets lost in the garbled English that comprises the entire story. 

I unhappily rate this book one star.

No comments:

Post a Comment